Monday, March 27, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal

Time to reveal our creative endeavors with beads sent by our Bead Soup partners (see my last post to see what I received).  I am only a little late but at least it is done.  I used the focal sent by Michelle McCarthy to create this necklace.  I also added a few of Michelle's ceramic beads and the clasp she sent.  The rest is from my stash, including some turquoise, jade, chain and some rusty things.

Here is a closeup of the focal with some upcycled metal I added to it.  I have had this metal piece for a while and really wanted to use it.  I laid it on the focal that was made by Staci Louise Smith and it was like they were meant to be together.  This is only slightly in the style of Staci.  It is very intimidating working with her components because she is so talented. 
This is very different than my usual style and really challenged me.  But it was so much fun.  

I also made a pair of earrings with the Czech glass beads.  

I still have lots of beads and chain left so I am planning for another pair of earrings and a bracelet.  

Thanks again Lori.  This is always so much fun and definitely challenges my creative brain.  
Now here is the long list of other bead artists copied from the leader, Lori's blog.  Have fun checking out their blogs to see what they have created.

Lori Anderson :: Hostess






Keep on creating,
Carol   

4 comments:

  1. love love love how you have used the focal and with the added rusty bits. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Whats not to love!Win Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous necklace. You definitely enhanced the beauty of the focal by combining it with the metal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love what you made - with the rusty bits! Really cool. And I love the clasp. Cute earrings too. Worth waiting for! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from my readers! So join in the fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...