Saturday, June 4, 2011

I 'Heart" Macro Sunday

Time for posting pics for Macro Sunday over at Studio Waterstone.  Since the next few days will be spent picking, baking and freezing cherries, I thought it appropriate to use my picture of them this week.  We have two big trees in the back yard.


They are so sweet and tasty.  We just walk out and stand under the trees eating them.  There is also a Black Heart cherry tree down in the front field on the property line.  Those are dark cherries that are even sweeter.  Yum!  We didn't know for a long time that the Black Heart was there until we finally got the fence row cleaned out.  

Whatever we don't get picked, which is a lot because the trees are so tall,  the birds move in and eat in one day.  It is really amazing to see.  And I wonder, how the heck do all the birds know to show up on the same day?

studio waterstone


Keep those cameras clicking,
Carol

13 comments:

  1. I love the bright clear red against the green of the leaves. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cherries look delicious! And what a gorgeous color! happy picking ....and eating cherries!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo, scrummy! ;o0

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant that to be a bit fat smiley face! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful contrast in this shot. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh...those cherries look so yummy! I feel like I could reach through the screen and have me some. Lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love dark cherries...and they are super expensive!! I was in Target yesterday and saw some but when I saw the price!?? $3.74 a pound... I thought, "A quart of 'Bolthouse Farms' juice is about the same price and has 20 times the nutrition. The juice seems expensive at first but here I am wanting to buy a 'handful' of cherries for the same price! I would gobble the cherries in about 5 minutes but the juice would last 4 days at a cup a day..." *sigh...so I sadly put the cherries back and bought the juice! :)))
    You are sooooo lucky to have trees! I am very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture and I love cherries too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today seems to be made for remembering my grandmother....pickles....cherries...the time spent canning. Thank you! I will be over.....what time is dessert??

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so lucky to have those! nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like cherries but my father in law does he would be very jealous of your trees indeed. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm no fan of how cherries taste, but I can't deny their beauty. You did a wonderful job capturing this. The red is absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Carol, you lucky lady. These look scrumptious! Ooh, and to have them frozen so that you can enjoy year 'round.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from my readers! So join in the fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...