Monday, October 14, 2013

Leather Shop Now Open!

I have been promising a recycled leather section to my Etsy shop.  Well I have listed the first two items.  I shared the large chocolate brown tote bag here.  

The second bag is a small makeup bag / clutch.  It is made from a soft red leather and an accent of black and white herringbone.  This little bag is great for holding your makeup or other essentials inside a larger tote. Or carry it alone as a small clutch to carry your cell phone, money and keys.


The bag is lined with a black and white striped cotton with an interior pocket. It is topped off with a zipper closure.


It is no secret that I love to sew, especially when I can be creative with the project.  Many of these leather projects are designed as I go to fit the pieces of leather.  

The big secret is that this bag is made from a red leather jacket. I love giving garments a new life. When using the leather skirts or jackets, I try to use any interesting seams or pockets from the original item in the bag design. With jackets, I often get great pockets which you will see on future bags.  So what will be the next transformation?

Create with what ya got-
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from my readers! So join in the fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...